What To Pack For A Weekend Getaway
A getaway, regardless if it's for the weekend only, is definitely exciting. However, packing can be tedious sometimes. I usually found myself packing the night before and contemplate on what to pack for a weekend getaway. As much as possible, I try to only bring less so I wouldn't have a problem carrying my bag. I always pack the basic essentials, but I change some in my list depending on my destination.
You may read my post about my travel essentials, but this post is more detailed!
Oh, by the way, I'm still here in Cebu! My friends and I don't have an idea yet on where we should go tomorrow. Any suggestions? :) we will be flying back to Manila in the evening! We will probably spend the day buying pasalubong.
I only listed the things that I brought with me. Take note, though, that I can only bring one piece of cabin baggage of up to 7 kg. Whatever is listed may or may not apply to you. Also, some of the items listed are for a beach getaway.
What to pack for a weekend getaway
I always pack my clothes first since I find it difficult to choose which one I should wear on a certain day. Before I decide, I usually think of the activities on that day and find an appropriate clothing. That's also the time when I mix and match my clothes - I have to make sure I look good on photos! :P
Since I want to pack light, I only bring the clothes that I need plus 1 to 2 extra clothing.
- Top and bottom
- Comfortable walking shoes - make sure you'll always bring slippers! For some reason, I always have one extra pair of slippers in my bag!
- Hair ties
- Wet wipes
*I only bring my towel if my accommodation will not provide one.
Do I even need to make a separate section for these? It looks lonely here! Haha. But, anyway, these are the things that I put on my face. Soon, I'll start wearing more! It's just that some make-ups are so expensive. That's why I don't bother buying anymore.
- Argan oil / coconut oil for my hair
- Waterproof pouch
- Sunblock + sunscreen
- Debit / credit card
- Reservations and itineraries
- Hotel and/or tour contact information
- Avoid excess clothing. Chances are you are not going to wear everything. Just bring enough clothes for you trip; a 1 or 2 extra clothing is okay.
- Organize your stuff. I use travel pouches for my clothes.
- Roll your clothes. You'll get more space in your bag if your clothes are rolled rather than folded.
- Always have a digital copy of your documents. Since documents are important, we can't risk losing it. I also like to have a digital copy to have an easier access in case I want to check something.
- Bring small items only. Do not bring unnecessary / extra accessories especially if it is hardly going to be used.
- To avoid too much spending, create a budget.
- If you are going to share a room with your friends (around 4 people or more), bring an extension cord.
- Put all your personal items on a carry-on bag.
Are you light or heavy packer? What do you pack for a weekend getaway?